These days, there are numerous court reporting agencies to choose from whenever you are facing legal matters. Sad but true though, finding the right court reporting firm for the first time might be too overwhelming for a great majority of people.
Not to worry though, this post is meant to help you understand what the duties of a court reporting firm. Although a good court reporting firm will offer several services to its clients, 5 of these services are standard for all reporting firms. Mentioned below are 5 most important services that you should look for when hiring a court reporting firm;
- Create transcripts – if you need your court proceedings and any other legal matter recorded, then you will definitely need the services of a court reporter. That said, production of transcripts is one of the most important services to expect once you have hired a professional court reporter.
- Retrieving important documents – as we all know, document retrieval is one of the most demanding tasks ever. If you need some vital information like police reports, medical records, and financial reports for your case, then you must hire a firm whose services include document retrieval. Truth is, not all court reporting firms offer this kind of service so, you must be careful when choosing your court reporting firm (or court reporter).
- Reviewing the content in your documents – be it medical reports, police reports or financial records, the court needs to understand the details of the report in full. Once the reporters have retrieved the documents, they should be able to review these reports and come up with an easy to comprehend report in the court trial. the good news is that court reporters from a reputable court reporting firm will be able to review large volumes of documents within a short period of time and give a comprehensive report of the same.
- Offer the necessary legal support – honestly speaking, legal matters are stressful and quite hectic. In fact, most people dealing with legal matters are put down by the stress and anxiety. To ensure that the stress and anxiety does not luckily, you can avoid the stress and anxiety by hiring professional court reporting firm. The firm reporters that will be assigned to your case will offer the best legal assistance to you including getting clear statements from your witness (witnesses).
- Helping the hearing impaired follow the trials – court reporters are trained to record the trials and court happenings as well as communicate the same to the clients with a hearing impairment. They also prepare speeches and conversations relating to the legal proceedings. If you have a hearing problem, you will be able to understand everything that is happening in regards to the case thanks to your court reporting firm.
Well, there you have it; the 5 most important services that you must get from your court reporting firm (or reporter). Once you have found a licensed and reputable firm, check if they offer the above services and if not, keep looking until you find a firm that meets your needs.