The changes in the hormonal system of women who suffer during pregnancy, suppress the immune system and make it more susceptible to various infections. These infections may be mild, but sometimes they can cause serious health problems of the fetus, and to abortion.
Therefore women during pregnancy should observe the following:
- To avoid poorly cooked fish (especially shellfish) and meat and poultry which are not cooked as long enough.
- Do not eat foods that may contain chemicals, such as salmon, swordfish, mackerel and trout, which may contain high levels of mercury.
- To avoid any kind of supplements.
- Do not eat foods that are not cooked and contain raw eggs, such as some desserts.
- Do not eat precooked food at the end of 4 days from the date of manufacture.
- To observe the rules of hygiene and cleanliness.